INDIVIDUAL DEVICE FOR TREATMENT CONTRACTURE MANDIBLE
Despite the rapid development of dentistry there is a highly topical issue of treatment of contractures of the mandible. Contracture, persisting for a long time, remains a major cause of complaints of patients during rehabilitation.
The authors note that the treatment of contractures requires a lot of time and labor, strict individualization of treatment. However, there are general principles of treatment, which include the gradual contraction, stretching conducted after previous relaxation of muscles, strengthening stretched as a result of contraction of muscles and ensure painless exposures.
The authors note that there are many devices of mechanical treatment, but most of them have a number of shortcomings: they are bulky and standard and only have the possibility of individualization and doesn’t always have in the arsenal of an orthopedic dentist.
The authors propose a device for the treatment of contractures mandible, which consists of base plates on the maxilla and mandible and is characterized in that the individually fabricated occlusive base plates modeled without the sky and between them on the first molars or premolars welded coil springs the length of which can vary according to the clinical requirements.
The authors note that the use of individual occlusal bases without the sky facilitates the introduction of the proposed device in the mouth, the use of coil springs instead proppants making its design more compact, leaving more space for a comfortable language layout, and strictly vertical arrangement of springs allow to distribute the chewing pressure parallel to the axis tooth roots.
The use of the proposed device for treatment of contractures of the mandible, which is individualized according to the clinical requirements, ensures a high therapeutic effect.
The proposed design of the device by the authors for the treatment of contractures of the mandible makes it possible to achieve a stable axial load on abutment teeth, provides a constant positive pressure on the muscles, raising the mandible, thus achieving more efficient treatment of contractures of the mandible.
2. Оскольский Г.И. Челюстно-лицевая ортопедия: учебное пособие / Г.И. Оскольский, А.В. Юркевич. – Хабаровск, 2013. – 168 с.
3. Беліков О.Б. Щелепно-лицева ортопедія: навчальний посібник/ О.Б. Беліков. - Ч.1. – Полтава, 2002. – 208 с.
4. Беліков О.Б. Щелепно-лицева ортопедія: навчальний посібник/ О.Б. Беліков. - Ч.2. – Полтава, 2012. – 220 с.
5. Лебеденко И.Ю. Руководство к практическим занятиям по ортопедической стоматологии / И.Ю. Лебеденко, В.В. Еригева, Б.П. Маркова. – М.: Практическая медицина, 2007.
6. Технологія виготовлення щелепно-лицевих конструкцій: підручник / [П. С. Фліс, А. З. Власенко, А. М. Бібік, К. Д. Іожиця]. – К.: ВСВ «Медицина», 2010. – 248 с.