FEATURES OF HEMOGRAM AND IMMUNE STATUS OF PATIENTS WITH TRAUMATIC FRACTURES OF THE LOWER JAW BONE DEPENDING ON THE PERSONALITY TYPE
Violation of the immune status of patients with traumatic lower jaw bone fractures has been found in recent years researches. It is known, that the stress that accompanies an injury, significantly affects the reactivity, and severity of reactions depends on its individual characteristics.
According to the analysis of the available literature the first publications concerning the importance of patient psychical status in the occurrence and course of dental diseases are dated by 1988 and the issue still remains actual .
The emotional state of patients with traumatic fractures of the lower jaw bone became a subject of investigation more than a decade ago. However, there were not found any reports on the features of their immune system response depending on their emotional state.
The aim of our investigation was to identify the characteristics of quantitative changes in hemogram and immune system of patients with traumatic fractures of the lower jaw bone depending on the type of person in order to improve their treatment and rehabilitation.
Material and methods. Conduction of a psychological testing and clinical examination of 32 injured males with traumatic unilateral opening fractures of the lower jaw bone in the angle area was detected.
Type of the injured individual was determined by the Eysenck test. According to the test results they were divided into two groups: extroverts and introverts. We investigated the indicators of the expanded blood analysis with leukocyte formula in terms of SI. These indicators were compared with the indicators of reference base. The level of the immune system indicators of all injured was followed up (in the 1st and 3rd day after injury). The identification of T- and B-lymphocytes was carried out using monoclonal antibodies. The number of CD3+, CD4+, CD8+, SD72+-lymphocytes subpopulations was determined in percentage. The A, M, G immunoglobulin concentration was determined by G. Mancini et al. The indicators were compared to the ones of the control group consisting of 18 males without comorbidity.
Results and discussion. In the course of analysing the indicators of red blood of most patients were found to be within normal limits. Some injured had different indicators. Thus, among introverts there were about 2 times more victims who had hemoglobin content and color index, which were lower compared to those of the reference base. Erythrocyte sedimentation rate of 56% of injured of both groups increased.
Leucogram analysis revealed the following features there were more patients found with lymphocytosis among extroverts: 36.8% of patients had lymphopenia, whereas extroverts did not. Changes of in segmented lymphocytes quantity of studied groups were opposing: in the, their number in the extroverts organism decreased, while in introverts one it increased.
The changes of immunity indicators were of the same type in both comparable groups, but their severity was different. Reducing of CD3+, CD4+-lymphocytes level was more significant in an introvert’s organism, while the number SD72+-lymphocytes was bigger in the and extrovert’s noe. Increasing the level of IgA and IgM was more expressed in extroverts. The dynamics of changes in IgG didn’t differ in the two groups and was characterized by slight increase in its content and stabilization of the 3-day studying.
The results show that changes of hemogram and immune status of patients with traumatic fractures of the lower jaw bone with a different psychosomatic type are unidirectional, but the severity of the deviations is different. In introverts the anemic syndrome is more pronounced, their cellular immunity is characterized by stronger suppression, leukocytosis is more pronounced, while the number of lymphocytes and eosinophils was higher in extroverts.
The features of changes in hemogram and immune status in the early period after injury of 32 patients with various psychosomatic types defined by the Eysenck method with unilateral traumatic open fractures of the lower jaw bone in the angle area were studied. The quantitative parameters of hemogram and of immune status correlate with psychosomatic type of personality was established.
2. Рузін Г.П. Сучасні принципи медикаментозного лікування переломів нижньої щелепи / Г. Рузін, О. Чирик // Український медичний стоматологічний альманах. – 2013. – № 6. – С.109-113.
3. Нагірний Я.П. Шляхи оптимізації репаративного остеогенезу у хворих з травматичними переломами нижньої щелепи: автореф. дис. … доктора мед. наук: 14.01.22 «Стоматологія» /Нагірний Ярослав Петрович. – К., 2009. – 32 с.
4. Горленко О.В. Оцінка психологічного стану хворих з травматичними пошкодженнями обличчя / О. В. Горленко, С. С. Поліщук, А. В. Кузько // Вісник Вінницького державного медичного університету. – 2002. – № 1. – С. 67-69.
5. Юрченко В.М. Психічні стани людини: системний опис: монографія / В. М. Юрченко. – Рівне, 2006. – 574 с.
6. Значение изучения психического статуса больного в клинике терапевтической стоматологии / В. Е. Рожнов, Ю. М. Максимовский, Н. А. Райнов [и др.] // Стоматология. – 1988. – № 3. – С. 21-22.
7. Рекова Л.П. Профілактика та передопераційна корекція стресових реакцій у хворих з одонтогенними запальними процесами на амбулаторному прийомі: автореф. дис. на здобуття наук. ступеня канд. мед. наук : спец. 14.01.22 „Стоматологія” / Л. П. Рекова. – К., 2010. – 20 с.
8. Поліщук С.С. Травми щелепно-лицевої ділянки та їх зв'язок з психоемоційним станом людини і типом обличчя // Вісник морфології . – 2003. – № 9(1). – С. 147-150.
9. Поліщук С.С. Корекція психоемоційного стану у хворих з травмами щелепно-лицевої ділянки / С. С.Поліщук // Вісник стоматології. – 2005. – №1. – С.50-56.
10. Mancini G. Immunochemical quantitation of antigens by single radial immunodiffusion / G. Mancini, A. O. Carbonara, J. F. Heremans // Immunochemistry. – 1965. – Vol. 2, N 3. – P. 235-254.