EVALUATING OF THE EFFECTIVE USAGE OF THE REMOVABLE ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCE WITH A MOVABLE RAMP IN THE TREATMENT OF MESIAL OCCLUSION ACCORDING TO THE ANTHROPOMETRICAL RESEARCH IN MIXED OCCLUSION
Introduction. In mixed occlusion all methods are based on the existence of sizes relationships patterns of teeth on the one side and the length of the dental arch and jaws apical base on the other. The difference between the diagnostic models analysis in permanent and mixed periods – the necessity to provide mesiodistal size for the teeth that did not erupt yet (premolars and canines).
The aim of the research. Evaluation of the effective usage of the proposed construction of removable orthodontic appliance with a movable ramp in the treatment of mesial occlusion in a mixed occlusion period compared to the standard equipment by using anthropometric studies of jaws models.
Materials and Methods. There were for the treatment 68 patients with mesial bite in mixed occlusion period between the ages of 5 yea rs, 7 months and 10 years, 3 months. They were divided into two groups – main and secondary group.
The main group (37) was treated by mentioned removable orthodontic appliance with a movable ramp, and the secondary group (31) – with a standard orthodontic equipment. We analyzed the results of diagnostic jaws models by anthropometric studies before and after orthodontic treatment.
In a mixed period of occlusion was performed by using Nance’s and Huckaba’s methods. Length measurements of the dental arch anterior region of the upper and lower jaw was performed by Mirhazizov.
Results and Discussion. In the surveyed patients with normal upper frontal teeth torque, the length of the upper dental arch in both groups almost didn't change after the treatment. Patients with retrusion of upper frontal teeth, the length of the upper dental arch increased by two factors: growth stimulation in the area of incisor bone and teeth torque increasing in the main group to 9,00±0,08 mm and in a secondary group to 7,21 ±0,09 mm.
Patients with the presence of diastema and diaeresis in the lower frontal teeth area, the length of the lower dental arch decreased, due to the action of activated vestibular arc, in the main group to 4,70±0,13 mm and in a secondary group to 3,90±0,06 mm. In both groups of patients tight contacts between the lower frontal teeth, the length of the lower dental arch did not change since vestibular arc played only a fixing role in this case.
Patients with normal upper frontal teeth torque, the length of the frontal segment of the upper dental arch changed insignificantly. Studied patients with upper frontal teeth retrusion, the length of the frontal segment of the upper dental arch increased in the main group to 4,63±0,12 mm and in a comparison group to 4.06±0,11 mm.
Patients with the presence of diastema and diaeresis in the lower frontal teeth area, the length of the frontal segment of the lower dental arch decreased in the main group to 3,38±0,17 mm and in a secondary group to 2,73±0,04 mm. In both groups of patients with tight contacts between the lower frontal teeth, the length of the frontal segment of the lower dental arch almost didn’t change.
Conclusion. Each patient has an individual clinical situation. Common treatment prognosis for everyone does not exist. Individual prognosis is possible and it's based on the diagnostics results. Therefore, conclusions of the studies also must be differentiated according to the initial clinical picture. In this case – if there was necessity to change teeth torque or not, that affects the sagittal plane measurements studies results.
2. Основы ортодонтии: учеб.-метод. пособие / И.В. Токаревич [и др.]. – Минск: БГМУ, 2010. – 107 с.
3. Кларк У. Дж. Ортодонтическое лечение парными блоками (Twin Block Functional Therapy) / Кларк У. Дж. – М.: МЕДпресс-информ, 2007. – 384 с.
4. Ортодонтия: учебное пособие / [Куцевляк В.И., Самсонов А.В., Скляр С.А. и др.]; под ред. В.И. Куцевляка.– Харьков: Кроус, 2006. – 325 с.
5. Джозеф Ноар. Практическая ортодонтия: руководство по коррекции окклюзии / Джозеф Ноар. – Львов: ГалДент, 2015. – 104 с.
6. Флис П.С. Антропометрическая диагностика при лечении аномалий и деформаций зубочелюстного аппарата в период сменного прикуса / [П.С. Флис, В.В. Филоненко, Г.П. Леоненко, Н.Н. Дорошенко] // Актуальные аспекты ортодонтии и ортодонтической хирургии: тезисы VI научно-практической конф. с международным участием, 18-19.09.2009г., Одесса, 2009. – С. 16 – 17.
7. Samir E. Bishara. Textbook of orthodontics / [edited by] Samir E. Bishara. – Published by W.B. Saunders Company, 2001. – 599 p.
8. Образцов Ю.Л. Пропедевтическая ортодонтия: учебное пособие / Образцов Ю.Л., Ларионов С.Н. – СПб.: СпецЛит, 2007. – 160 с.
9. Зубоальвеолярное и челюстно-лицевое ортодонтическое лечение: [пер. с англ.] / Thomas Rakosi, Thomas M. Graber [et al.]; науч. ред. пер. проф. М.С. Драгомирецкая. – Львів: ГалДент, 2012. – 397 с.