THE PREVALENCE OF DISEASES OF PERIODONTAL TISSUES IN YOUNG INDIVIDUALS ON THE BACKGROUND OF CROWDED TEETH
The abnormalities of maxillodental system take one of the leading places among diseases of the maxillofacial area. Thus, they are diagnosed more than in 50% cases in minor and in 30% cases among the adult population.
Pre-conditions of incorrect position of separate teeth more often are plural: abnormalities formed at genic level because of heredity of pathologies of sizes, amount, and shape of teeth and size of the jaw bones of the facial skeleton. At the malposition of teeth the paradontium retains the occlusal loading the functional traumatic
Therefore, the purpose of our research is to study the prevalence of diseases of periodontal tissues in young individuals on the background of crowded teeth.
The material and research methods. The study is conducted on the base of Dental center of Danylo Galytsky Lviv National Medical University during 2015−2017 years. 1146 people were examined in the age 18 to 44 years. Every participant of research passed the common dental examination and also special examination sent to the clarification of orthodontic treatment. The diagnosis of diseases of periodontal tissues was performed according to the classification of N.F. Danilevsky and specified by means of paraclinical indexes. The obtained results were worked out statistically using functions of MS Excel and Statistica 6.
Results of the research and their discussion. The total quantity of examined with orthodontic pathology is found, on the average, 77.24% of patients (885 people). At the same time, viewed by 261 (22.76%) abnormalities of dental jaw system are not met.
As a result of the conducted studies we have found that in examined without dental jaw abnormalities 38.89±.,32% of patients had intact parodontium, that was in 1.6 times more for data in individuals with crowding − 23.73±2.00, p<0.01. At the same time, in patients of main group the prevalence of diseases of periodontal tissues was in 1.2 times more than in examined of comparative group (76.27±2.00% against 61.11±3.32%, respectively, p<0.01).
It should be noted that with increase of the age of patients, increased the prevalence of diseases of periodontal tissues in both study groups, but in patients with crowded teeth this trend was more pronounced. So, in the early age group in patients with crowding the prevalence of periodontal diseases was in 1.5 times higher relatively to the data in their peers of comparison group (71.37±3.00% against 46.99±5.48%, p<0.01). In 27−35-year-old patients the prevalence of diseases of periodontal tissues amounted to 72.38±4.03% of examined of main and 65.62±5.94% of examined of comparison group, but the obtained data were not differed statistical significance between them, p>0.05. At the same time, in patients of main group aged 36−44 years the prevalence of diseases of periodontal tissues was maximum and exceeded the values of their peers in comparison group in 1.2 times (92.08±2.69% against 73.91±5.29%, respectively, p<0.01).
The analysis of the obtained data allowed to assert that, on the average, crowding of teeth on the upper jaw was found in 237 patients (52.55%) and 214 patients (47.45%) on the lower jaw.
Thus, the maximum frequency of crowded teeth on the upper jaw was observed in examined in the age interval of 27−35 years of 60.16±4.41% of patients, with the minimum prevalence of this pathology in the youngest group (18−26 years) of 49.34±4.72%.
The analysis of diagnostic structure of diseases of periodontal tissues showed that in patients with crowded teeth inflammatory diseases of periodontal tissues (gingivitis, localized periodontitis) met, on the average, in 1.2 times more often than in patients without orthodontic pathology (42.42±1.88% against 36.33±3.54%, respectively, p<0.05).
Conclusions. Thus, as a result of the conducted studies higher prevalence of diseases of periodontal tissues proved in patients with crowding of teeth, that made progress with the increase of the age of examined, than in patients without orthodontic pathology.
2. Бандрівський Ю.Л. Мікрогемодинаміка пародонта при гінгівіті / Ю.Л. Бандрівський, Н.Н. Бандрівська, О.В. Авдєєв // Матеріали ІІІ (Х) з’їзду Асоціації стоматологів України. − Полтава, 2008. − С. 122−123.
3. Запальні захворювання пародонта / Т.Д. Заболотний, А.В. Борисенко, Т.І. Пупін. − Львів: ГалДент, 2013. − 205 с.
4. Леонтьев В.К. Концепция патогенеза пародонтита при изменении локальной функциональной перегрузки / В.К. Леонтьев, Ю.А. Петрович // Сборн. науч. тр. „Актуальные вопросы стоматологии”. − М., 2004. − С. 18−24.
5. Нетцель Ф. Практическое руководство по ортодонтии / Ф. Нетцель, К. Шультц. − Львов: ГалДент, 2006. − 176 с.
6. Олейник Е.А. Основные стоматологические заболевания и зубочелюстные аномалии (особенности патогенеза, диагностики, клиники и профилактики): автореф. дис. на соиск. уч. степени канд. мед. наук : спец. 14.00.21 „Стоматология” / Е.А. Олейник. − Воронеж, 2008. − 22 с.
7. Хорошилкина Ф.Я. Ортодонтия. Дефекты зубов, зубных рядов, аномалии прикуса, морфофункциональные нарушения в челюстно-лицевой области и их комплексное лечение / Ф.Я. Хорошилкина. − М.: Мед. информ. агентство, 2006. − 544 с.
8. Mandall N.A. Prediction of compliance and completion of orthodontic treatment: are quality of life measures important ? / N.A. Mandall // Eur. J. Orthod. − 2012. − Vol. 30, N. 1. − P. 40−45.
9. Petersen P.E. The global burden of oral diseases and risk to oral health / P.E. Petersen // Bull. World Health Organ. – 2015. –Vol. 83, N. 9. − P. 661−669.