ESTIMATION OF INFLUENCE OF THE THERAPEUTIC – PROPHYLACTIC COMPLEX ON THE IMMUNE SYSTEM INDICES OF EXPERIMENTAL ANIMALS WITH SIMULATED GINGIVITIS
In order to assess the influence of heavy metals, iodine and fluoride deficiency on the status of periodontal tissues in rats experimental studies were carried out on 100 white rats, which were divided into 5 groups of 20 animals in each. 1-st group included intact rats; 2-nd - rats with gingivitis; 3-rd - rats with gingivitis exposed to heavy metals by means of adding cadmium and lead to drinking water; 4-th - animals with gingivitis exposed to heavy metals, as well as iodine and fluoride deficiency; 5-th - animals with gingivitis exposed to heavy metals, under iodine and fluoride deficiency, receiving therapeutic-prophylactic complex. Immunological status of animals was evaluated by means of measuring the level of immunoglobulins in serum. Immunoglobulins (Ig) G, A, and M were determined by their radial immunodiffusion in agar according to G. Manchini et al. using diagnostic kits of the firm "Microgene". The count of leukocytes in the peripheral blood of animals was determined by means of the Goryaev’s chamber.
It was found that under influence of heavy metals in combination with iodine and fluoride deficiency the levels of immunoglobulins A and M in blood serum of rats were decreased by 2.5 times, and Ig G ‒ by 2.6 times. The application of the therapeutic-prophylactic complex in 5-th group of rats significantly corrected immunological status of their blood, which was characterized by a significant increase in levels of immunoglobulins.
2. Analysis of the sanitary and epidemiological situation in Lviv region and indicators of activity of the state sanitary and epidemiological service in 2013. Lviv, 2013 : 148.
3. Bezvushko EV. Comprehensive assessment of dental health and physical development of children living in the region with a combined effect of environmental pollution and deficiency of fluoride and iodine. Ecology and Health (1), 2010: 45–7.
4. Popovych ZB, Ostapyak IZ, Bodnaruk YB. Dental Morbidity of the Population as an Indicator of the State of the Environment. Clinical Stomatology (3-4), 2015: 32-3.
5. Luchynskyi MA., Luchynska YuI, Ostapko OI et al. Influence of Negative Environmental Factors on the Level of Dental Morbidity of Children. Bulletin of Biology and Medicine (2), 2014: 221–3.
6. Adamenko OM. Technology of Ecological Research. Ecological Safety and Balanced Resource Use (1), 2013: 14-9.
7. Petrovska M. The health of the population in Lviv region as a result of reaction to changes in the environment. Bull Lviv Univ Ser Geogr (39), 2011: 267−77.
8. Kazakova RV, Melnyk VS, Bilyshchuk MV. Comparative Analysis of Dental Caries and Periodontal Tissue Diseases in Adolescents Living in Different Ecological Conditions. Stomatology News (1), 2013: 78-9.
9. Kindrat HV, Rozhko MM, Nazaruk RM et al. New Directions of Dental Diseases Prevention in Children under the Conditions of Technogenic Pollution of the Environment. Archive of Clinical Medicine (1), 2013: 10-3.
10. Levytsky AP, Denga OV, Makarenko OA, Khromagina LN. Experimental methods of playback of gingivitis. Odessa, 2013: 14.
11. Yakovlev MY. „Endotoxin aggression” as premorbidity or a universal factor of pathogenesis of diseases of humans and animals. Suc Mod Biochem (1), 2003: 31−40.
12. Lapovets LE, Lutsyk BD, Akimova VM, Lebed GB, Zubchenko SO. Manual of laboratory immunology. Lviv, 2014: 300.