CLINICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTIVENESS APPLICATION "BIOCERULIN" IN THE COMPLEX TREATMENT OF THE PATIENTS WITH ONTOGENIC FLAGMONS OF THE MAXILLOFACIAL AREA
Treatment of odontogenic phlegmon of the maxillofacial region remains an urgent problem of surgical dentistry due to the steady increase in their frequency, tendency to generalize the process and adverse effects. In this regard, there is a constant search for ways to improve the effectiveness of treatment of patients with odontogenic phlegmons of maxillofacial region. New technologies of drug treatment of this pathology are developed and put into practice.
In recent years the attention of researchers in various conditions accompanied by the development of oxidative stress began to attract drugs that have antioxidant action, as it became known that the excess of reactive oxygen species in the regenerating wounds in the hearth of purulent inflammation affects the course of the course, wound healing. Interest in the treatment of various pathological conditions of the body is caused by the domestic antioxidant multifunctional enzyme "Bioceruline" which is composed of copper.
In this regard, the purpose of our study was to evaluate the effectiveness of the use of "Biocerulin" in the complex treatment of patients with odontogenic phlegmon of maxillofacial region.
The object of the clinical study was 45 patients with odontogenic phlegmons of the maxillofacial region from 18 to 55 years old, who were treated in the maxillofacial department of PU "Poltava M.V. Sklifosovskyi regional clinical hospital PRC». All patients were without somatic pathology in compensated clinical condition. Immediately after hospitalization, patients underwent an emergency opening of purulent lesion, revision and adequate drainage of the affected cellular spaces, removal of the "causal" tooth. The extent of surgery and the choice of optimal access depended on the location and prevalence of phlegmon. Depending on the treatment, patients were divided into comparison groups (22 patients) and the main group (23 patients). The traditional therapy was used in the comparison group. "Biocerulin"was prescribed for the patients of the main group in addition to the traditional therapy.
Analysis of obtained data in the treatment of patients with phlegmon revealed that both groups of patients had clear differences in the clinical course of purulent-inflammatory process. On the 2nd day after the opening of the phlegmon theweakness, headache, and sleep disorders were noted in the most of the patients of the comparison group who received traditional therapy. Pain with varying degrees of intensity was present in all patients. Improvement of the general condition of patients of this group was noted not earlier than 3-5 days after surgery. The improvement of the general condition and reduction of pain, normalization or decrease in body temperature, the beginning of restoration of function of the jaw apparatuswere notedin patients of the main group on the background of the introduction of "Bioceruline" already on the 2-3rd day after surgery.
Thus, on the basis of the conducted researches it is possible to conclude that the basic (traditional) conservative therapeutic measures used for patients of the comparison group are not effective enough for the relief of the local and general inflammatory process, which caused the prolonged nature of organ-specific and functional rehabilitation of patients as a whole. The use of "Bioceruline" in complex therapy of patients with odontogenicphlegmons of the maxillofacial regionprovides rapid and intensive recovery of the general condition of patients and accelerates reparative processes in the wound and shortens the treatment time via 1.4 bed-days.
2. Avetikov DS, Yaczenko I.V., Vu V`et Kuong. Obosnovanie primeneniya preparata «Lipin» v kompleksnom lechenii odontogenny`kh flegmon chelyustno-liczevoj oblasti. Stomatologiya slavyan¬skikh gosudarstv: Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-prakti¬cheskaya konferencziya: Mat. konf. Belgorod. 2013:11–13.
3. Avetikov D.S., Steblovskij D.V., Popovich I.Yu, Lokes K.P., Bojko I.V. Izuchenie biomekha¬nicheskikh svojstv kozhi sosczevidnoj oblasti pri provedenii kosmeticheskoj otoplastiki. Klinicheskaya khirurgiya. 2015;8(876):41–44.
4. Steblovskiy DV, Avetikov DS, Lokes KP, Popovich IY, Boychenko ON. Deformation properties of mastoid area skin. New armenian medical journal.2018;Т. 12.№.4:36–42.
5. Edmiston CE, Krepel CJ, Seabrook GR. Anaerobic infections in the surgical patients: microbiology etiology and therapy. Clin Infect Dis.2012;35:112–118.
6. Kozakiewicz M. The extensive phlegmon of the neck leading to severe complicationsa case report. Polski merkuriusz lekarski: organ Polski¬ego Towarzystwa Lekarskiego. 2015; 39 (233): 321–324.
7. Bilska-Stokłosa J. Streptococcus constellatus as an aetiological factor of extensive neck phlegmon complicated by sepsis–case study. Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine. 06 Sep 2018, 26(2):252-255.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.