PECULIARITIES OF PRO- AND ANTI-INFLAMMATION CYTOCINS LEVEL IN PREVENTION OF PROSTHETIC STOMATITIS IN PATIENTS WITH REMOVABLE ACRYLIC PROSTHESES
Due to the using of removable laminar dentures made of acrylic plastic, the complications in the form of chronic inflammation of the oral mucosa are developed in a certain category of patients, as a result of the complex impact of dentures on the tissues of the prosthetic bed in terms of mechanical, chemical, toxic, microbiological and immunological factors. In conditions of mechanical or chemical damage to the mucous membrane epithelium by the action of the microbial factor the activation of epithelial cells occurs and they acquire the properties of immunocompetent cells. As a result, the epithelial cells begin to produce cytokines. A special place in the implementation of acute inflammatory process is held by proinflammatory cytokines: interleukin (IL-1β) and tumor necrosis factor (TNF-α). They regulate all successive stages in the development of inflammation and an adequate response to the etiological factor. Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is the main anti-inflammatory cytokine, which inhibits the synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines. Determination of the level of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines is a diagnostic criterion in the development of prosthetic stomatitis and at the same time it is used to test the effectiveness of the proposed method of prevention or treatment of complications on the part of the tissues of the prosthetic bed.
The aim of the research is to study the concentration of proinflammatory cytokines (TNFα, IL-1β) and anti-inflammatory cytokines (IL-10) in the oral fluid of patients with complete and partial defects of the dentition after prosthetics with removable laminar dentures made of acrylic plastic and dentures coated with fullerene C60 molecules.
Material and methods of research. The study included 39 patients who were between 40 to 80 years old, including 19 male (48.7%) and 20 female (51.3%) subjects. The partial and complete defects of the dentition were diagnosed. The control group consisted of apparently healthy individuals, namely 10 people without defects of the dentition and periodontal tissue diseases.
The patients were divided into 3 groups: the first group comprised apparently healthy people with intact dentition; the second group included patients with complete and partial defects of the dentition after prosthetics with removable laminar dentures made of acrylic plastic (20 patients) 7 days after prosthetics; the third group – patients with complete and partial defects of the dentition with removable laminar dentures made of acrylic plastic (20 patients) 30 days after prosthetics; the fourth group – patients with complete and partial defects of the dentition after prosthetics with removable laminar dentures made of acrylic plastic and coated with fullerene C60 molecules.
The concentration of cytokines IL-1β and TNFα and IL-10 (pg / ml) was determined in the mouth before treatment at day 7, 2 weeks and 1 month. Statistical processing was conducted using STATISTICA 6.0 (StatSoft, USA).
Results of the studies and their discussion. The results of the studies show that the level of cytokines in patients before prosthetics is higher than in apparently healthy people. On the 7th and 30th day after prosthetics in the study groups, there was a sharp increase in the concentration of proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines in the oral fluid as contrasted with the comparison group. These data confirm that activation of local synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines in the oral fluid is an important pathogenetic factor that determines the formation and maintenance of an active inflammatory response in the mucosa of the prosthetic bed. After fullerene C60 coating of the surface of denture, which is in contact with the tissues of the prosthetic bed, there is a significant decrease in the level of proinflammatory (IL-1β and TNFα) and anti-inflammatory (IL-10) cytokines.
2. Galonskiy VG. Radkevich AA. Reaktsiya slizistoy obolochki opornykh tkaney proteznogo lozha na vozdeystviye s"yemnykh zubnykh protezov. Sib. Med. J. 2009;2:18-22. [In Russian]
3. Ivkovic N, Bozovic D, Ristic S. The residual monomer in dental acrylic resin and its adverse effects. Contemporary Materials.2013; 1(4):84-91
4. Karpuk I YU. Immunopatologiya u patsiyentov s ortopedicheskimi konstruktsiyami v polosti rta. Vestnik VGMU.2014;4(13):29-35.
5. Doroshenko OM. Vmíst prozapal'nikh tsitokínív v slizovíy obolontsí porozhnini rota shchurív pri zapal'no-destruktivnikh urazhennyakh ríznogo g̀enezu. Dental'nyye tekhnologii.2009;1(40):43-45 [In Ukrainian]
6. Seminskiy IZH, Serebrennikova SN, Guzovskaya YeV. Rol' tsitokinov v patogeneze zabolevaniy (soobshcheniye 1). Sib. Med. J.2014;8:30-33. [In Russian]
7. Shul'zhenko OYu, Silenko YuÍ, Mamontova TV. Tsitokínoviy profíl' u osíb, shcho koristuyut'sya chastkovimi znímnimi protezami z ríznikh bazisnikh materíalív.Svít med ta bíol.2013;3-2(40):52-54. [In Ukrainian]
8. Ponomarenko VO, Silenko YuÍ, Khrebor MV. Dinamíka rívnya tsitokínív rotovoí̈ rídini v patsíêntív íz povnoyu vtorinnoyu adentíêyu píslya protezuvannya z oporoyu na ímplantati. Ukr. Stomat. al'manakh.2016; 4:91-94. [In Ukrainian]
9. Serebrennikova SN, Seminskiy IZh, Semenov NV. Interleykin-1, interleykin-10 v regulyatsii vospalitel'nogo protsessa. Sib. Med. J. 2012;8:5-7. [In Russian]
10. Palíychuk ÍV. Rozhko MM, Kutsik RV. Vivchennya rolí tsitokínív sirovatki kroví u viniknenní proteznikh stomatitív. Ukr. Stomat. al'manakh.2010;4:15-18. [In Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.