SCIENTIFIC JUSTIFICATION OF THE USE OF CONE-BEAM COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY (CBCT) FOR CEPHALOMETRIC ANALYSIS IN THE «AUDAXCEPH» PROGRAMM
This article is concerned with peculiarities of points’ placement in orthodontics and study of cephalometric parameters on 3D reconstructions.
The aim of the investigation is to develop out the algorithm of distribution of main cephalometric points on 3D reconstructions, received from CBCT and compare characteristics of measurements done on classic teleroentgenogram (TRG) and 3D reconstructions.
Materials and methods. The main angular (SNA, SNB, ANB, SN-Ba) skeletal saggital parameters, vertical (ML-NSL, NL-ML, Facial axis, <G), and dental were taken (+1/NL, -1/ML, +1/-1). The analysis of dental radiographs was done for cephalometry «AudaxCeph». Teleroentgenogram and 3 D reconstructions of 20 patients were investigated.
Comparing all indices of TRG and 3D reconstructions statistically significant difference was not revealed (р> 0,05). The most significant indices was established during the study of incisive indices - +1/NL, 110±2,72 и 110,2±5,02 correspondingly inter-incisal angle +1/-1 - 133,8±2,21 and 138±5,79.
2. Novomodnyih LC. Raschet i analiz trg v praktike vracha-ortodonta. X-Ray Art.2012;1:34-36.
3. Adams GL, Gansky SA, Miller A, Harrell WE, Hatcher DC. Comparison between traditional 2-dimensional cephalometry and a 3-dimensional approach on human dry skulls. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2004;126:397–409.
4. Lagrave`re MO, Major PW. Proposed reference point for 3- dimensional cephalometric analysis with cone-beam computerized tomography. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop.2005;128:657–660.
5. Kuroedova VD, Vyzhenko EE, Stasiuk AA, Makarova AN. Optical density of mandible in orthodontic patients. Wiadomości Lekarskie. 2018; 120(6):1161-1164.
6. Kuroyedova VD., Stasyuk AA, , Vyzhenko EE., Makarova AN, Sokolohorska-Nykina YK. The study of temporomandibular joint in dentofacial abnormalities using cone beam computed tomography. The New Armenian Medical Journal.2018;4:71-75.
7. Lagrave`re MO, Hansen L, Harzer W, Major PW. Plane orientation for standardization in 3-dimensional cephalometric analysis with com puterized tomography imaging. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2006;129:601–614
8. Papadopoulos MA, Jannowitz C, Boettcher P, Henke J, Stolla R, Zeilhofer HF, et al. Three-dimensional fetal cephalometry: anevaluation of the reliability of cephalometric measurements based on three-dimensional CT reconstructions and on dry skulls of sheep fetuses. J Craniomaxillofac Surg.2005;33:229–237.
9. Novomodnyih L.S 3D-tsefalometriya i dlya chego ona nuzhna?. X-Ray Art. 2014;4:66-67.
10. Silva MA, Wolf U, Heinicke F, Bumann A, Visser H, Hirsch E. Conebeam computed tomography for routine orthodontic treatment planning: a radiation dose evaluation. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2008;133:640.
11. Halazonetis DJ. From 2-dimensional cephalograms to 3-dimensional computed tomography scans. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2005;127:627–637.
12. Kırzıog˘lu Z, Karayılmaz H, Baykal B. Value of computed tomography (CT) in imaging the morbidity of submerged molars: a case report. Eur J Dent. 2007; 1:246–250.
13. Ludlow JB, Davies-Ludlow LE, White SC. Patient risk related to common dental radiographic examinations: the impact of 2007 International Commission on Radiological Protection recommendtions regarding dose calculation. J Am Dent Assoc. 2008;139:237–243.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.