APPLICATION OF COMPLEX BIOREGULATORY DRUGS IN MODERN DENTAL PRACTICE (REVIEW OF LITERATURE)
In the research for the highly efficient, wide spectrum, safe drugs, dental practitioners in recent years have been increasingly paying attention to complex bioregulatory drugs (CBDs). They affect the body in small doses, initiate, activate and regulate defense mechanisms, restore the processes of self-regulation and detoxification, all without suppressing immunity.
Aim of the research was to analyze the scientific literature on the effectiveness of the bioregulatory drugs in the treatment of dental diseases.
Materials and methods. The bibliosemantic and analytical methods were used in our research.
Results. The use of CBDs in the treatment of periodontal diseases was the most researched. In the treatment of chronic generalized periodontitis of mild and moderate severity, along with the conventional methods (removal of dental deposits, curettage of periodontal pockets with subsequent polishing of the root’s surface), the Traumeel S ointment was applied to the vestibular and oral surfaces of the marginal gums of patients with mild degree of disease. Traumeel S in pills had been prescribed for patients with chronic generalized periodontitis of moderate severity, along with ointment applications. The course of treatment was 14 days. Clinical examination of patients during the course of treatment revealed that the drug Traumeel S contributed to the reduction of edema and bleeding in the gums. This was confirmed by a significant decrease in all periodontal and hygienic indices. Laboratory study of mixed saliva of patients found a significant reduction in the content of superoxide dismutase twice over. All this led to the conclusion that the Traumeel S exhibited pronounced anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Thus, its use is justified in the supplementary treatment of chronic generalized periodontitis. Practical interest, in our view, lies in a comprehensive approach to the treatment of generalized periodontitis, depending on the age of patients and the severity of the disease. For all participants in the study group, the following CBDs were added to traditional periodontitis treatment: Traumeel S, Lymphomyosot and Echinacea compositum. Traumeel S ointment was issued in the form of applications; Lymphomyosot was administered by 10 drops three times a day for 3 weeks, and Echinacea compositum − intramuscularly. Patients with severe periodontitis were injected with Traumeel S under the mucous membrane of the gum. Effectiveness of the treatment was monitored by clinical and radiological examination. The authors of the method concluded that the use of CBDs relieved inflammatory processes in the short term, suspended dystrophic and destructive processes, and promoted long-term stabilization of the disease (up to 2 years). It should also be noted that the use of CBDs did not cause any side effects.
In the treatment of the treatment of various forms of lichen planus (except atypical), drug Mucosa compositum was used via an injection under the lesions. In patients with an atypical form, it was administered as infiltration anesthesia to the transitional folds on the upper or lower jaw, depending on the localization and prevalence of the process. Regardless of lichen planus form, the subjective sensations in patients disappeared after 4-5 injections. In patients with atypical form either the complete disappearance of signs of the disease or its transformation into a typical form with the appearance of papules on an unchanged background were observed. The exudative hyperemic form after 8 injections had transformed into a typical form. In the erosive-ulcerative form, a decrease in the size of erosion was observed after 6-8 injections, and epithelialization, disappearance of hyperemia, transformation into a typical form − after 10-12 injections. During the observation period of 5-8 months, there were no symptoms of exacerbation in the patients. In addition, no adverse effects were reported in any of the patients examined using Mucosa compositum.
A noteworthy study was carried out by the dental surgeons to substantiate the use of CBDs in maxillofacial surgery, especially in such difficult conditions as phlegmon of different etiology and localization. Comprehensive treatment of all patients included conventional surgery and traditional drug therapy. Therapy of patients in the main group was supplemented with the introduction of the drug Lymphomyosot intravenously; antibiotic therapy was not used. Therapy of patients in the comparison group was supplemented by intravenous administration of the drug Traumeel S. Antibiotic therapy was not used. Analysis of clinical and laboratory parameters, and of patients’ immunograms reliably showed that the use of these drugs provides a more positive course of the wound process and a more pronounced reduction in total intoxication, which leads to a shorter treatment time compared with the traditional therapy.
Based on the analysis of available literature, we concluded that it is advisable to improve approaches to the treatment of major dental diseases by introducing complex bioregulatory drugs. The question of modern application of the CBDs in dentistry remains relevant and requires further study.
2. Nikonenko AG. Sovremennyie predstavleniya o mehanizmah regulyatsii vospalitelnogo protsessa. Biologicheskaya terapiya. 2006; #1: 11-15.(Russian)
3. Hayne H. Znachenie antigomotoksicheskoy terapii v regulyatornoy meditsine. Biologicheskaya meditsina. 2004; #2: 4-9.( Russian)
4. Van Brandt B, Hayne H. Regulyatornaya blokada: opredelenie, znachenie i terapiya. Biologicheskaya meditsina. 2006; #2: 4-5.(Russian)
5. Pashkovskaya AE, Ikonnikova IB, Yanushevich OO. Antigomotoksichnyiy preparat Traumeel S i ego primenenie v meditsine. Rossiyskaya stomatologiya. 2011; #2: 4-7.(Russian)
6. Hayne H., Shmolts MV. Immunologicheskaya vspomogatelnaya reaktsiya, vyizyivaemaya rastitelnyimi ekstraktami, soderzhaschimisya v antigomotoksicheskih preparatah. Biol. meditsina. 1998; #2: 9-11.(Russian)
7. Zoryan EV. Kratkoe rukovodstvo po primeneniyu gomeopaticheskih preparatov v stomatologii. M.: Arnebiya. 2015; 144.(Russian)
8. Bekker Verner. Antigomotoksicheskaya terapiya v stomatologii. M.: Arnebiya. 2005; 80.(Russian)
9. Myuller-Lobnits K., Getel D. Klinicheskaya effektivnost kompleksnogo gomeopaticheskogo preparata Traumeel S i ego komponentov. Biologicheskaya meditsina. 2013; #1: 13-27.(Russian)
10. Skripnikov PM. Antigomotoksichna terapIya v likuvanni zahvoryuvan tkanin parodonta. StomatologIya. 2011; #6: 38-40.(Ukrainian)
11. Volosovets TM Etiologichni ta patogenetichnI aspekti likuvannya i profIlaktiki zapalnih ta distrofIchno-zapalnih zahvoryuvan tkanin parodontu, asotsiyovanih z persistuyuchoyu virusnoyu infektsieyu. Novini stomatologiyi. 2011; #2: 87-93.(Ukrainian)
12. Simakova TG, Pozharitskaya MM, Soldatov SK, Maryanovskiy AA, Gulyaev NI. Primenenie gomeopaticheskogo preparata Traumeel S v kompleksnom lechenii hronicheskogo generalizovannogo parodontita. Biol. meditsina. 2006; #2: 40-46.(Russian)
13. Golod LV, Prinda YuM, Golod OV. Efektivnist zastosuvannya antigomotoksichnih preparativ v kompleksnomu likuvanni zahvoryuvan tkanin parodonta. Meditsina transportu Ukrayini. 2014; #3: 71-76.(Ukrainian)
14. Slots J. Herpesviral–bacterial interactions in periodontal diseases. Periodontol 2010; #52, 117-140.
15. Zoryan EV, Lemetskaya TI, Allik EL, Zoryan AV. Antigomotoksicheskiy podhod k lecheniyu zabolevaniy slizistoy obolochki polosti rta. Biologicheskaya meditsina. 2000; #2: 51-52.(Russian)
16. Gretskih EV. Antigomotoksichni preparati v kompleksnomu likuvanni patsientiv na flegmoni schelepno-litsevoyi dilyanki: autoref. dis. kand. med. nauk: 14.01.22 - Stomatologiya/E. V. Gretskih; Vischiy derzhavniy navchalniy zaklad Ukrayini "Ukrayinska medichna stomatologichna akademiya". Poltava, 2011; 20. (Ukrainian)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.