MORPHOLOGICAL CONDITION OF THE MUCOUS DURING THE PERIOD OF PHYSIOLOGICAL CHANGE OF THE CANINES OF THE UPPER JAW
Physiological eruption of teeth indicates the proper development of the child. According to modern literature, in many countries around the world there is an increase in the frequency of dental anomalies with a violation of the eruption of teeth. Influence on the child's body of negative factors of both local and general nature causes the formation of this orthodontic. It is scientifically substantiated that there is a strong correlation between the number of erupted teeth – maxilaris anomalies. This means that the greater the prevalence of orthodontic pathology, the fewer erupted permanent teeth.
Our complex analysis of micropreparations in patients with palatal and vestibularly retained canines of the upper jaw, showed changes in the microcirculatory tract with decreasing vascular density, dyscirculatory disorders, which further causes the formation of zones of ischemia, foci of initiation of necrobiotic changes. According to our data, more pronounced dystrophic and sclerotic processes were detected during vestibular placement of retained canines; instead, the processes of compensation and adjustment were less pronounced.Objective of the study: to determine the morphological features of the structure of the gums from the vestibular and palatal surfaces during the physiological change of canines.
Object and research methods. For the subsequent solution of the tasks stipulated by the purpose of the work, 15 people aged 10 to 12 years with a physiological change in the canines of the upper jaw were included in the scientific work.
Microscopic examination of the palatine parts of the gums revealed that the mucous membrane of the latter had a typical structure. Stratified squamous epithelium with expressive differentiation into basal, prickly granular and stratum corneum was visualized along the entire length. The formation of acanthotic epithelial cords took place in almost all cases. The latter buried deep in the lamina propria of the mucous membrane, periodically forming bizarre reticular structures. In the described epithelial complexes, an increase in the number of mitotic figures took place, indicating an increased proliferative activity of the epithelium.
The study of the features of the morphological structure of the gums during the change of temporary canines suggests that signs of inflammation prevail in the mucous membrane, which are more pronounced in the vestibular areas.
The study of the mucous membrane of the vestibular edge of the gums revealed almost everywhere acanthotic foci of multilayered squamous epithelium. Quite often there was a hypertrophy of an epithelial layer due to increase in cell rows of a prickly layer. Quite often in epitheliocytes of a prickly layer cells with the phenomena of a hydropic dystrophy as evidenced by detection in perinuclear space of epitheliocytes of transparent, average sizes of a vacuole were found.
In 7 cases, we found inflammatory changes in our own plate, the nature of which differed slightly from those described above. Thus, inflammatory infiltration was everywhere either diffuse or large-focal in nature and spread significantly deeper into its own plate of the mucous membrane. Among the cellular elements of the inflammatory infiltrate, neutrophilic leukocytes were quite often found, which indicate the active phase of the inflammatory process. Sclerotic changes similar to those described above were also detected by us in 5 cases.
Comparison of data on the structure of the vestibular and palatal areas of the gums found that in the papillary layer of the lamina propria of the gingival mucosa of the vestibular area there were signs of inflammation, which were more pronounced compared to the palatine. The higher level of signs of inflammation of the vestibular area can be explained by the peculiarities of the physiological eruption of the canines - more vestibular. It is known that a key role in the development of various symptoms of teething belongs to pro-inflammatory cytokines. The obtained data on the features of the morphological structure of the gums under conditions of physiological changes in canines can serve as qualitative indicators in the diagnosis of the state of the mucous membrane over the crowns of impacted teeth and will allow clinicians to rethink clinical approaches and determine the justification for the volume complex of surgical and orthodontic treatment of this dentoalveolar anomaly.
2. Becker A. Orthodontic Treatment of Impacted Teeth, 3rd Edition. Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. 455 p. (English).
3. Voronkova H, Smagliuk L, Karasiunok A. Etiopathogenesis and diagnostics of the mandibular permanent first molars retention. J The Medical and Ecological Problems. 2019; 23(3-4): 41-5. (English).
4. Makeyev VF, Bezvushko YEV, Filippov NV. Diagnostika i lecheniye retentsii zubov. [Diagnostic and treatment of dental retention] L'vov: Kvart. 2013: p. 126. (Ukrainian).
5. Tkachenko PI, Dmytrenko MI, Cholovskyi MO. Optimization of surgical-orthodontic treatment tactics in patients with impacted teeth. J Wiadomości Lekarskie. 2019; LXXII: 838-45.
6. Tkachenko PI, Dmy`trenko MI, Cholovs`ky`j MO. Porivnyannya informaty`vnosti ta efekty`vnosti promenevy`x metodiv obstezhennya u ditej z retenovany`my` zubamy`. Svit Medy`cy`ny` ta Biologiyi. 2019; 3(69): 158-162. (Ukrainian).
7. My`s`kiv AL. Vply`v prorizuvannya postijny`x zubiv u ditej v rizni periody` rozvy`tku zuboshhelepnoyi sy`stemy` na formuvannya zuboshhelepny`x anomalij (avtoreferat dy`sertaciyi kandy`data medy`chny`x nauk). L`viv, L`vivs`ky`j nacional`ny`j medy`chny`j universy`tet imeni Dany`la Galy`cz`kogo, MOZ Ukrayiny`; 2018. S.23 (Ukrainian).
8. Fadeev RA, Shevelёva YuP. Sovershenstvovany`e metodov dy`agnosty`ky` y` lecheny`ya retency`y` zubov, chast` I. Y`nsty`tut stomatology`y`. 2014; #2 (63): 18–20. (Ukrainian).
9. Kul`gins`ky`j YeA. Udoskonalennya dy`ferencijnoyi diagnosty`ky` ta osobly`vosti likuvannya ditej z rizny`my` formamy` retenciyi zubiv [dy`sertaciya]. Odesa, DU "In-t stomatologiyi AMN Ukrayiny`; 2010. 20 s. (Ukrainian).
10. Tkachenko PI, Starchenko II, Dmy`trenko MI, Cholovs`ky`j MO. Morfologichni osobly`vosti sly`zovoyi obolonky` nad retenovany`my` zubamy` zalezhno vid umov yix roztashuvannya. Ukrayins`ky`j stomatologichny`j al`manax. 2020; 1: 31-6. (Ukrainian).
11. Belugina LB. Prorezyvanie postoyannyh zubov u detej g. Saratova i ego korrelyaciya s antropometricheskimi parametrami i ekosocial'nymi usloviyamitema [dissertaciya]. Saratov; 2004. 20s. (Russian).
12. Gasyuk NV. Morfofunkcional`na xaraktery`sty`ka vil`noyi chasty`ny` yasen. Aktual`ni problemy` suchasnoyi medy`cy`ny`; 2006; 4 (20): 249-51. (Ukrainian).
13. Gasyuk NV. Strukturno-funkcijna organizaciya pry`kriplenoyi chasty`ny` yasen. Visny`k problem biologiyi i medy`cy`ny`.2007; 4: 210–3. (Ukrainian).
14. Starchenko II, Filenko BM, Chernyak VV. Patomorfologiya osnovny`x zaxvoryuvan` shhelepno-ly`cevoyi dilyanky` : navch. posibn. Vinny`cya, 2019. 128 s. (Ukrainian).
15. Bagrij MM, Dibrova VA, Popady`necz` OG. Metody`ky` morfologichny`x doslidzhen`. Vinny`cya; 2016. 328 s. (Ukrainian).
16. Lazareva EA. Osobennosty` pery`fery`cheskogo krovotoka v oblasty` rety`ny`rovannыx klыkov verxnej chelyusty`. Dental Forum. 2014; 4: 66.
17. Bisyarin YuV, Pishkovci MYa. Morfologichni zminy` tkany`n retenovany`x zubiv. Patologiya. 2012; (25): 71-2. (Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.