EVALUATION OF INFLUENCE OF THE UNITED COMPLEX AND SURGICAL TREATMENT ON SOME INDEXES OF CARBOHYDRATE EXCHANGE FOR PATIENTS ON GENERALIZED PERIODONTITIS І-ІІ DEGREE OF DEVELOPMENT
The dynamics of the inflammatory process in the periodontium, its generalization and chronization are determined not only by the composition of the microflora, but also by the state of the protective reactions of the organism (the pro-atherogenic spectrum of lipids and the disturbance of the carbohydrate metabolism) and the reactivity of the immune system in response to the pathogenic factor.
Purpose of the study. The study of changes in the parameters of carbohydrate metabolism in the oral fluid of patients with generalized periodontitis (GP), before and during the different terms after the complex and surgical treatment, was determined the relevance of the direction which was chosen by us.
Materials and methods. Somatically healthy people were examined and treated: 30 patients with chronic generalized periodontitis – group І, 32 patients – with exacerbation of chronic generalized periodontitis – group II and 30 persons with a healthy parodontium. Indicators of carbohydrate metabolism were determined in the oral liquid: content of glucose, pyruvate (pyruvic acid) and lactate (lactic acid) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDG) activity before, immediately and after 6 and 12 months after the treatment. A significant increase of all studied by us carbohydrate metabolism parameters (p<0.001) was found, which confirms its imbalance. In order to regulate the revealed violations, initial periodontal therapy was prescribed; oral dishes with the solution of St. John’s wort, gum applications and application of the gel were developed by us on the basis of medicinal herbs (extract of Echinacea purpureum, tincture of Eleutherococcus and St. John’s wort) and sorbent, and inside – the herbal syrup “Immuno-tone” and surgical treatment.
Conclusions. The regulation of the parameters of carbohydrate metabolism in the oral liquid of patients of groups I and II with the achievement of these standards, especially after 6 and 12 months after the treatment, showed the effectiveness of the developed by us therapeutic complex and surgical treatment allowed us to recommend it for the widespread introduction into practice.
2. Beloklickaya HF. Sovremennuj vzgliad na klassifikacii boleznej parodonta. Sovremen. stomatologia; 2007.3:59-64. (Ukrainian).
3. Hubsky YuI. Biolohichna khimiya: Pidruchnyk [Biological chemistry: Manual]. Ukrmedknyha. 2000;508s. (Ukrainian).
4. Romanenko IG, Kruchkov DYu. Generalizovannyy parodontit i metabolicheskiy sindrom. Edinstvo patogennykh mekhanizmov razvitiya [Generalized periodontitis and metabolic syndrome. Unity of pathogenic mechanisms of the development]. Krymskiy terapevticheskiy zhurnal. 2011;1:60-7. (Ukrainian).
5. Borysenko AV. Biokhimichne obhruntuvannya kompleksnoho likuvannya heneralizovanohoparodontytu [Biochemical substantiation of complex treatment of generalized periodontitis]. Suchasni medychni tekhnolohiyi. 2009; 2:69-73. (Ukrainian).
6. Tarasenko LM, Neporada KS, Hryhorenko VH. Funktsionalna biokhimiya [Functional biochemistry]. Nova knyha. 2007;384s. (Ukrainian).
7. Boykiv DP. et al. Klinichna biokhimiya: pidruchnyk [Clinical biochemistry: Manual]. Medytsyna. 2006;432s. (Ukrainian).
8. Borisenko AV. Zabolevaniya parodonta: uchebnoye posobiye [Periodontal diseases: reference book]. VSI “Meditsyna”. 2013;456s. (Ukrainian).
9. Kimak HB, Melnychuk HM. Vplyv kompleksnoho likuvannia na pokaznyky vuhlevodnoho obminu u khvorykh na heneralizovanyi parodontyt osib molodoho viku. Klinichna ta eksperymentalna patolohiia. 2018;T.XVII;1(63):56-60. (Ukrainian).
10. Melnychuk HM. Heneralizovanyy parodontyt i parodontoz: markery spadkovoyi skhylnosti patohenetychni mekhanizmy metabolichnykh porushen ta yikh kompleksna korektsiya [Generalized periodontitis and parodontosis: markers of hereditary predisposition pathogenetic mechanisms of metabolic disorders and their complex correction]: [avtoreferat]: Odessa. 2008;33s. (Ukrainian).
11. Kimak HB, Melnichuk HM, Hrytsyk AR, Hrytsyk LM, Rozhko MM, Kononenko YuH, vunachidnuku;Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, patentovlasnuk. Method of treatment of generalized periodontitis.№73992.2012 Jovt19. (Ukrainian).
12. Kimak HB, Melnichuk HM, Rozhko MM, KononenkoYuH, vunachidnuku;Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University,patentovlasnuk.
13. Method of local treatment of generalized periodontitis. №79209. 2013 Kvit7. (Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.