INFLAMMATORY-DESTRUCTIVE PROCESS IN PERIODONTIUM WHILE MODELLING HYPО- AND HYPERREACTIVITY OF THE ORGANISM
The issues of clarifying the key mechanisms of development and course of generalized periodontitis in different conditions of reactivity of the organism remain relevant. The aim of the research is study of the peculiarities of course of the inflammatory-destructive process in the periodontium according to the dynamics of clinical and paraclinical indicators depending on the state of reactivity of the body in the conditions of modeling hyper- and hyporeaction.
Materials and methods. The experiments were performed on 24 adult not purebred dogs weighing 8-12 kg. The animals were divided into three equal groups. In the first group, drugs that disrupt the reactivity of the organism were not used (normoreactivity of the organism). In the second group drugs simulated the state of hyperreactivity, and in the third they provoked the condition of the hyporeactivity of the organism. The condition of periodontal tissues was assessed initially, on the 14th and 28th day of observation of clinical and paraclinical parameters (creviculars liquor, PMA indices, PI Russell, GI Fedorov-Volodkina, Kulazhenko's test).
Results. On the 14th day of modelling the states of hyper- and hyporeactivity of the organism a number of differences in the nature of inflammation in periodontal tissues were revealed in animals of different groups. Control of the amount of creviculars liquor increased in 1,1 times, PMA indices, PI Russell, GI Fedorov-Volodkina, Kulazhenko's test, respectively, in 1,12; 1,19; 1,33 and 1,29 times (p <0,05).
On the 28th day of the experiment, significant differences in the intensity of the destructive process in animals with unchanged and changed reactivity of the organism attracted attention. Thus, in cases of normoreactivity the depth of periodontal pockets reached 3 mm, the mobility of the teeth was I degree, with the changed - the depth of periodontal pockets was 5-6 mm, the mobility of the teeth was II-III degree. The amount of creviculars liquor, reflecting the intensity of the inflammatory reaction, increased compared with the 14th day, 1,3 times (p <0,05); PMA index, which characterizes the prevalence of gingivitis, and the Kulazhenko test probably did not change (p> 0,05); Russell's PI index, which indicates a pronounced intensity of inflammatory-destructive periodontal lesions, increased 2,05 times (р <0,05).
Conclusions. Thus, in cases of normoreactivity of organism the inflammatory-destructive process in periodontium has moderate nature; when modelling the hyper- and hyporeactivity of the organism it acquires the character of “rapidly progressing periodontitis”. Therefore, it is necessary to continue studying the question of explaining the mechanism of different clinical course of the inflammatory-destructive process with changed and unchanged reactivity of the organism.
2. Danilevs'kij MF, Borisenko AV, Antonenko MYU ta іn.]; Terapevtichna stomatologіya: Pіdruchnik:u4t. T.3:Zahvoryuvannya parodonta. K.:Medicina;2018. 624s. (Ukrainian).
3. Borisenko AV, Myalkіvs'kij KO. Obgruntuvannya viboru zasobіv іndivіdual'noї gіgієni porozhnini rota pri lіkuvannі urazhen' margіnal'nogo parodontu.Sovremennaya stomatologiya.2015;2:24-7. (Ukrainian).
4. Zabolotnij TD, Pupіn TІ, Borisenko AV Zapal'nі zahvoryuvannya parodonta.L'vіv:GalDent; 2013.206s. (Ukrainian).
5. Petrushanko TO. Іntegral'nij іndivіdual'nij pіdhіd u profіlakticі zahvoryuvan' parodonta [avtoref. Dic. d-ra med. Nauk]. Kiїv:Nacіon. med un-t іm. O.O. Bogomol'cya; 2001.39 s. (Ukrainian).
6. Alkan A, Cakmak O, Yilmaz S, Cebi T, Gurgan C. Relationship between psychological factors and oral health status and behaviours. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2015;13(4):331-9.
7. Jenkins WM, Papapanou PN. Epidemiology of periodontal diseases in children and adolescents. Periodontology 2000. 2001;26:16-32.
8. Slots J. Periodontitis: facts, fallacies and the future.Periodontology.2017;1(75):7-23.
9. CHumakova YUG. Patogenetichne obgruntuvannya metodіv kompleksnogo lіkuvannya generalіzovanogo parodontitu [avtoref. Dis. d-ra med. Nauk]. Odesa:Іn-t stom. AMN Ukraїni; 2007.35 s. (Ukrainian).
10. Korol' DM. Klіnіko-patogenetichne obgruntuvannya lіkuvannya vtorinnoї chastkovoї і povnoї adentії іz zastosuvannyam dental'nih subperіostal'nih ta endoosal'nih іmplantatіv [avtoref. dis. d-ra med. Nauk]. Poltava VDNZ «Ukr.med.stom.akad.»; 2010.38 s. (Ukrainian).
11. Popovich ІYU, Petrushanko TO Mіscevij medikamentoznij suprovіd porozhnini rota pacієntіv pіslya dental'noї іmplantacії.Sovremennaya stomatologiya.2018;4:46-8. (Ukrainian).
12. Y. Slynko et al. Pathogenetic of experimental gingivitis progression under the influence of lipopolysaccharide.World of medicine and biology.2019;1(67):187-90.
13. De Iuliis V, Ursi S, Di Tommaso LM, Caruso M, Marino A. Comparative molecular analysis of bacterial species associated with periodontal disease. Biol. Regul. Homeost. Agents.2016;30(4):12-5.
14. Foey AD, Habil N, Al-Shaghdali K, Crean S. Porphyromonas gingivalis-stimulated macrophage subsets exhibit differential induction and responsiveness to interleukin-10.Arch. Oral. Biol.2017;73:282-8.
15. Litovchenko ІYU, Petrushanko TO, CHechotіna SYU, Prochankіna VL. Zv′yazok rіvnya osobistіsnoї trivozhnostі іz stanom slizovoї porozhnini rota.Vіsnik problem bіologії і medicini.2018;4(1):281-3. (Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.