RESULTS OF CLINICAL AND INSTRUMENTAL STUDY OF DIGITAL OCCLUSION INDICES DURING REGISTRATION OF INTERMAXILLARY INTERCUSPAL POSITION IN PATIENTS WITH UNILATERAL DEFECTS AND INTACT DENTITIONS
Introduction. Determination of the patients’ dentitions ratios is an important in the orthopedic dental treatment of defects of the dentofacial system (DFS).
The aim of the study. Performance of the comparative clinical and instrumental analysis of ICP occlusal relationships registration results in groups of patients with intact dentitions and unilateral defects of dentitions.
Materials and methods. Examination of 10 patients of both sexes aged 24 to 50 years was conducted. All examined patients were divided into treatment and control groups. The first treatment group of the study included 5 patients with class A2 unilateral defects of dentitions of the DFS according to the Eichner classification. The control group consisted of 5 patients with intact dentitions.
Results. As a result of the study conducted it was found that at the stage of transition from ICP to MIC, the OT index in patients of the control group with the use of Futar D registration material was (0,37±0,07) sec, values of the proportion of the occlusal force (COF) on the right were determined in the interval (65,2±7,71) %, on the left they were (34,8±7,71) %, length of the occlusal trajectory (L) was (8,6±2,94) mm.
OT index in patients of the treatment group with the use of Futar D registration material during the transition from ICP to MIC made up (0,37±0,07) sec, values of the proportion of the occlusal force (COF) on the right were determined in the interval (32,4±6,22) %, on the left they were (67,6±6,22) % (p<0,05), length of occlusal displacement trajectory (L) increased to (12,6±2,88) mm (p≥0,05).
- An important feature of physiologically coordinated functioning of the dentofacial system of patients is the uniform occlusion of dentition with simultaneous contact of all groups of
- At the time of static and dynamic occlusion, frequent sliding contacts are observed in the end position of the ICP. As the occlusal pressure increases towards the maximum intercuspation (MIC), the area of the contact surfaces of the teeth increases. Under this condition, an occlusal pressure occurs, causing redistribution of the functional load of the DFS
- The interval of dental occlusion between the ICP and MIC positions, or delta (∆), which can be determined using Tekscan III digital technology, demonstrates spatio-temporal indices of redistribution of intermaxillary relations. Their values in patients with partial loss of teeth cause a particular
- With the use of Futar D registration material, clinical and instrumental analysis of digital indices of the transition from ICP to MIC allowed the establishment of the extension of time duration of dental occlusion by 1,2, increase in the length of the occlusal trajectory by 1,5, a significant change in proportional participation of the sides of dentitions (p<0,05) in patients of the treatment group compared to the control
Prospects for further research. The conducted instrumental studies demonstrate challenging opportunities to identify individualized features of static and dynamic occlusal balance at clinical registration of intermaxillary position of ICP with the help of various registration materials and techniques.
2. Bіda OV. Patologіchnі zmіni okljuzії, obumovlenі chastkovoju vtratoju zu-bіv, uskladnenoju zuboshhelepnimi deformacіjami. Vіsn. stomatologії. 2016;(4):34-7. (Ukrainian).
3. Voljak JuM, Ozhogan ZR. Poshirenіst', etіologіja і vpliv zuboshhelepnih anomalіj na formuvannja licevogo cherepa. Galic. lіkar. vіsn. 2014;21(2):13-6. (Ukrainian).
4. Zaharova GЄ. Normalіzacіja okljuzіjnih spіvvіdnoshen' u kompleksі lіku-val'nih zahodіv pri generalіzovanomu parodontitі u hvorih na cukro-vij dіabet. Novini stomatologії. 2017;(1):7-12. (Ukrainian).
5. Kerstein RB, Radke J. Masseter and temporalis excursive hyperactivity decreased by measured anterior guidance development. Cranio. 2012 Oct;30(4):243-54.
6. Damianidi VV, Gamydov KM, Belikov A, Savostin A. Cirkonievyj ka-rkas na vintovoj fiksacii s cementiruemymi koronkami. Stomatolo-gINFO. 2016;(1/2):27-9. (Russian).
7. Tupikova LN, Trifonov MM, Asenova VP, Balandina AS. 3D-skanirovanie na jetape formirovanija okkljuzionnoj ploskosti. Klin. stomatologija. 2013;(1):26-8. (Russian).
8. Owens S, Buschang PH, Throckmorton GS, Palmer L, English J. Masticatory performance and areas of occlusal contact and near contact in subjects with normal occlusion and malocclusion. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2002 Jun;121(6):602-9.
9. Wilding RJ. The association between chewing efficiency and occlusal contact area in man. Arch Oral Biol. 1993 Jul;38(7):589-96.
10. Hutzen D, Proff P, Gedrange T, Biffar R, Bernhard O, Kocher T, et al. Occlusal contact patterns – populationbased data. Ann Anat. 2007;189(4):407-11.
11. Lujan-Climent M, Martinez-Gomis J, Palau S, Ayuso-Montero R, Salsench J, Peraire M. Influence of static and dynamic occlusal characteristics and muscle force on masticatory performance in dentate adults. Eur J Oral Sci. 2008 Jun;116(3):229-36.
12. Ishigaki S, Kurozumi T, Morishige E, Yatani H. Occlusal interference during mastication can cause pathological tooth mobility. J Periodontal Res. 2006 Jun;41(3):189-92.
13. Bozhkova TP. The T-SCAN system in evaluating occlusal contacts. Folia Med (Plovdiv). 2016 AprJun;58(2):122-30.
14. Mizui M, Nabeshima F, Tosa J, Tanaka M, Kawazoe T. Quantitative analysis of occlusal balance in intercuspal position using the T-Scan system. Int J Prosthodont. 1994 Jan-Feb;7(1):62-71.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.