CONDITIONAL TISSUE CONDITION IN PATIENTS WITH PROSTHETIC DENTISTS IN THE PROCESS OF ORTHOPEDIC TREATMENT WITH PROSTHESES MODIFIED BY NANOMATER
The main cause of prosthetic stomatitis belongs to the chemical and toxic action of the residual monomer of the prosthesis base, which is a protoplasmic poison. Occurrence of prosthetic stomatitis depends not only on quality of production of prosthesis in laboratory though at non-observance of technology indicators of residual monomer can reach 2-5%, but also at individual intolerance at its minimum concentration in a prosthesis after polymerization - 0,2-0 .5%.
The aim of our study was to increase the effectiveness of orthopedic treatment of patients with prosthetic stomatitis by coating the plastic of removable prostheses with nanoscale materials.
Materials and methods. To solve this goal, we studied the condition of the tissues of the prosthetic place of patients with prosthetic stomatitis with prosthetic removable prostheses with modified plastic. Orthopedic dental treatment of 50 people was examined and performed, including 25 people (the second group, prostheses were not covered with nanoparticles) and 25 people (the third group, prostheses were covered with nanoparticles). The first control group consisted of 10 people without signs of pathology.
Prior to treatment, all patients had removable acrylic plastic dentures. The reason for seeking orthopedic care was a violation of masticatory function and the inability to use previously made prostheses due to the development of pain in the soft tissues of the prosthetic place. Complaints of pain were observed in all patients of varying intensity, impaired fixation and stabilization of the prosthesis due to swelling of the mucous membrane of the soft tissues of the prosthetic place, heartburn and dryness were observed in 90% of patients. Complaints were also about speech and aesthetic defects.
Patients of III group after two weeks of using prostheses were coated with the inner surface of the prosthesis, which is in direct contact with the mucous membrane of the prosthetic place with molecules of fullerene C60, by magnetron sputtering. For this purpose, the prostheses were removed from the patients for several days and returned after the coating with the nanomaterial, after which the observation was continued.
The results. After coating the prostheses in patients of group III with Fullerene C60, we observed the disappearance of inflammation of the mucous membrane under the prosthesis and patients noted the absence of discomfort. Рatients in II group had a negative dynamics in 80% and had diffuse inflammation of the mucous membrane under the prosthesis. Within 3 months of use, 18 patients (72%) in II group reported that they stopped using removable dentures during the day, due to unpleasant pain under the prosthesis,
and used only during meals and during conversations. In contrast to II group, patients in III group did not notice discomfort when using plate prostheses.
Conclusions. Obtained in the course of the work convincingly prove the effectiveness of the use of removable plate prostheses with nanocoating for the treatment and prevention of prosthetic stomatitis in patients. This is evidenced by the data of objective examination and the disappearance of complaints from patients.
2. Bural C, Aktas E, Deniz G, Unlucerci Y, Bayraktar G. Effect of leaching residual methyl methacrylate concentrations on in vitro cytotoxicity of heat polymerized denture base acrylic resin processed with different polymerization cycles. J Appl Oral Sci. 2011; 19: 306–12.
3. Kuz VS, Dvornyk VM, Kuz HM. Kharakterystyka suchasnykh bazysnykh stomatolohichnykh materialiv ta yikh vplyv na tkanyny porozhnyny rota. Aktualni problemy suchasnoi medytsyny. 2014; 14(2): 179-84. (Ukrainian).
4. Ostroholov DF. Pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti ortopedychnoho likuvannia khvorykh za rakhunok zmitsnennia plastmasovykh bazysiv znimnykh zubnykh proteziv [avtoreferat]. Poltava: UMSA; 2011. 18 s. (Ukrainian).
5. Neves CB, Lopes LP, Ferrao HF, Miranda JP, Castro MF,Bettencourt AF. Ethanol postpolymerization treatment forimproving the biocompatibility of acrylic reline resins. Biomed Res Int. 2013; 48: 524-6.
6. Lebedenko YIu, Kalyvradzhyian ЭS. Ortopedycheskaia stomatolohyia. M.: «HЭOTAR – Medya»; 2011. 364 s. (Russian).
7. Hozhaia LD. Allerhycheskye zabolevanyia v ortope- dycheskoi stomatolohyy. M.: Medytsyna; 1988. 160 s. (Russian).
8. Sokolovska VM. Laboratorno - klinichne obgruntuvannia ultrazvukovoi tekhnolohii obrobky polimernykh materialiv pry vyhotovlenni stomatolohichnykh proteziv [avtoreferat]. Poltava: UMSA; 2012. 18 s. (Ukrainian).
9. Kuznetsov VV, Pysarenko OA. Udoskonalennia tekhnolohii pokrashchennia yakosti bazysiv znimnykh plastynkovykh proteziv. Ukrainskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh. 2011; 1: 61-3. (Ukrainian).
10. Kasina SP, Ajaz T, Attili S, Surapaneni H, Cherukuri M, Srinath HP. To evaluate and compare the porosities in the acrylic mandibular denture bases processed by two different polymerization techniques, using two different brands of commercially available denture base resins — an in vitro study. J Int Oral Health. 2014; 6: 72-7.
11. Skrypnykov PM, Sylenko BIu, Sylenko HM, ta in. Kliniko-patohenetychne obgruntuvannia zastosuvannia nanopokryttiv dlia profilaktyky proteznykh stomatytiv. Ukrainskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh. 2014; 2: 95-9. (Ukrainian).
12. Verbovska RI, Rozhko MM, Divnych TIa. Analiz rezultativ vykorystannia likuvalno-profilaktychnoho kompleksu dlia patsiientiv iz povnymy znimnymy plastynkovymy protezamy, yaki korystuiutsia adhezyvnymy zasobamy. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2014; 3: 293-7. (Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.