TELERADIOGRAPHIC INDICATORS IN YOUNG MEN AND YOUNG WOMEN WITH ORTHOGNATHIC OCCLUSION DETERMINED ACCORDING TO THE BJORK METHOD
When comparing the cephalometric parameters used in the Bjork method, between Ukrainian young men (n=49) and young women (n=76) with orthognathic occlusion in young men, significantly (p<0.05-0.01) greater values of distances Ii-Is and Wits; and in young women – significantly (p<0.05-0.01) larger values of the angles NSL/ML and NL/ML and Pr-N-A, OLs/NL and OLf/NSL. The following differences in cephalometric parameters proposed as normative indicators for residents of European origin according to the CFT-Bjork method were established: Ukrainian young men and young women had significantly (p<0.05-0.001) higher values of S-N-A, S-N-Pog, S-N-B, CL/ML and ILs/ILi and significantly (p<0.01-0.001) smaller values of an- gles A-N-Pog, A-N-B, NSL/ML, NL/ML, ML/RL, OLs/NL, OLi/ML, OLf/NSL and distances Is-NSL; only in Ukrainian young men significantly (p<0.05) larger values of the angle NSL/NL; only in Ukrainian young women significantly (p<0.05) larger values of the angle Pr-N-A and significantly (p<0.01) smaller values of the distance Is-OLf.
2. Lin M, Xie C, Yang H, Wu C, Ren A. Prevalence of malocclusion in Chinese schoolchildren from 1991 to 2018: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. International journal of paediatric dentistry. 2020 Mar;30(2):144-55. https://doi.org/10.1111/ipd.12591
3. Gunas VI, Kotsyura OO, Babych LV, Shevchuk YG, Cherkasova OV. Features correlations of the sizes of molars with cephalometric indicators of men of the western region of Ukraine. Reports of Morphology. 2020 Oct 12;26(2):51-61. https://doi.org/10.31393/morphology-journal-2020- 26(2)-08
4. Soboń JS, Cherkasova OV, Gunas VI, Babych LV, Kotsyura OO. Correlations of linear sizes of molars with cephalometric indicators of practically healthy men of the southern region of Ukraine. Biomedical and Biosocial Anthropology. 2020 Sep 30(38):36- 46. https://doi.org/10.31393/bba38-2020-06
5. Dmitriev M, Gunas V, Polishchuk S, Olkhova I, Kumar A. Modeling of Central Incisors Position Indicators in boys and girls according to CC. Steiner method for Forensic Dental Identification. The Official Publication of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. 2020 Jul;42(3):155-60. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-0848.2020.00043.3
6. Маrchenko АV, Shinkaruk-Dykovytska MМ, Pozur TP, Gunas VI, Orlovskiy VO. Models of individual linear dimensions necessary for the construction of the correct form of dental arches in young men with a wide face, depending on the features of odontometric and cephalometric indicators. Wiadomosci lekarskie (Warsaw, Poland: 1960). 2020;73(6):1103-7. https://doi.org/10.36740/WLek202006104
7. Dmitriev МО. Zviazky osnovnykh kranialnykh pokaznykiv z kharakterystykamy polozhennia zubiv verkhnoi i nyzhnoi shchelep ta profilem miakykh tkanyn oblychchia v yunakiv i divchat. Visnyk morfolohii. 2017;23(1):125-31. (Ukrainian)
8. Björk A. Sutural growth of the upper face studied by the implant method. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica. 1966;24(2);109-27.
9. Sadeghian R, Monirifard M, Sadeghian S. The relationship between the chin and anteroposterior cephalometric indices in an Iranian Population. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences. 2016;5(8):93-101.
10. Yousry T, El-Harouni N, Abdullah E. Dentoalveolar compensation in vertical skeletal dysplasia in an Egyptian sample. Egyptian Orthodontic Journal. 2011 Dec 1;40(December 2011):1-27. https://doi.org/10.21608/eos.2011.78923
11. Elsayed FA, Aziz HM, Ghany AH, Al-Sharif SA, El- Sharaby FA. Growth changes in the soft tissue profile of Yemenis females: A cross-sectional study. Contemporary clinical dentistry. 2015 Oct;6(4):448- 453. https://doi.org/10.4103/0976-237X.169842
12. Tobón-Arroyave SI, Jiménez-Arbeláez GA, Alvarado-Gómez VA, Isaza-Guzmán DM, Flórez- Moreno GA, Pérez-Cano MI. Association analysis between rs6184 and rs6180 polymorphisms of growth hormone receptor gene regarding skeletal- facial profile in a Colombian population. European journal of orthodontics. 2018 Jul 27;40(4):378-86. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejo/cjx070
13. Oh E, Ahn SJ, Sonnesen L. Ethnic differences in craniofacial and upper spine morphology between European and Asian children with skeletal Class III malocclusion. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 2019 Oct 1;156(4):502-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajodo.2018.10.024
14. Al-Mashhadany SM, Al-Mothaffar NM. The characteristics of profile facial types and its relation with mandibular rotation in a sample of Iraqi adults with different skeletal relations. J Bagh Coll Dentistry. 2012;24(1):135-9.
15. Ardani IG, Pratiknjo IS, Djaharu’ddin I. Correlation between Dentoalveolar Heights and Vertical Skeletal Patterns in Class I Malocclusion in Ethnic Javanese. European Journal of Dentistry. 2021 May;15(02):210-5. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040- 1717156
16. Hassan AH. Mandibular cephalometric characteristics of a Saudi sample of patients having impacted third molars. The Saudi dental journal. 2011 Apr 1;23(2):73-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sdentj.2010.11.001
17. De Castrillon FS, Baccetti T, Franchi L, Grabowski R, Klink-Heckmann U, McNamara JA. Lateral cephalometric standards of Germans with normal occlusion from 6 to 17 years of age. Journal of Orofacial Orthopedics/Fortschritte der Kieferorthopädie. 2013 May 1;74(3):236-56. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00056-013-0140-5
18. Chovalopoulou ME, Bertsatos A, Papageorgopoulou C. Age-related changes in the craniofacial region in a modern Greek population sample of known age and sex. International journal of legal medicine. 2017 Jul;131(4):1103-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00414-016-1470-9
19. Meka M, Sandipamu TR, Reddy RE, Natta S, Aduri R, Dande SS. Establishing lateral cephalometric norms for Nalgonda children with mixed dentition. Journal of Orthodontic Research. 2015 May 1;3(2):134-137. https://doi.org/10.4103/2321- 3825.150580
20. Mathur A, Sande A, Risbud M, Ramdrug P, Ashwinirani SR. Determination of sex by discriminant function analysis of lateral radiographic cephalometry using angular, linear and proportional cephalometric variables in Western Maharashtrian population. Journal of Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. 2017;3(3):153- 7. https://doi.org/10.18231/2395-6194.2017.0037
21. Radalj Miličić Z, Kranjčević Bubica A, Nikolov Borić D, Špalj S, Meštrović S. Linear predictors of facial rotation pattern in Croatian subjects with skeletal Class III malocclusion. Acta Stomatologica Croatica. 2018 Sep 17;52(3):227-37. https://doi.org/10.15644/asc52/3/6
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.