STUDY OF APPROACHES TO IMPROVING DENTAL HEALTH OF DONETSK REGION RESIDENTS ON THE BASIS OF SELECTIVE ANALYSIS OF ORAL CAVITY DISEASES
The need to improve the dental health of the population does not lose its relevance and remains an unresolved medical, economic and social problem, with the need to find new approaches to the provision of dental care.
The aim of the study was to determine the effectiveness of preventive measures and public awareness of the course and consequences of dental pathology in order to improve dental health.
To achieve this goal, the data of the annual reports of municipal dental services of Donetsk region were analyzed and a survey with additional functional (electromyography and digital analysis of occlusion) examination of the dental status of 200 people was conducted.
Thus, in 2018, the number of primary visitors to therapeutic departments within the region included 718097 people. Patients who underwent primary preventive measures included: hygienic training and education, individual choice of prevention only 21.09% of the total number of people.
Within the survey, 82.5 % did not understand the dependence of hygiene and carious processes, 75.5% had no information about the need for quality restoration of the anatomy of the dentition, and 21.5 % did not understand the need to replace the final defects of the dentition. It has been found some reflection of these facts in the analysis of annual reports. Thus, the percentage of filled teeth due to caries or its complications to removed teeth, for the same reasons, was 46.46 %. A similar result in 46.58 % was the number of patients who applied after the removal of teeth to the orthopedic department in order to restore the integrity of the dentition (removable, conditionally removable, non-removable structures). But in addition to the lack of full restoration of the dentition, it was found that the ratio of total filled teeth to cement fillings was 44.5 percent of all filled teeth due to both caries and its complications. 44.5 % was the restoration of lost tooth tissues using cements (zinc phosphate and SIC). Due to the impossibility of restoring quality anatomy, and as a result of the function of the tooth, such a percentage does not meet the needs of today in understanding quality dental services.
Based on the results of the analysis of the study data, we concluded that patients are poorly informed about their condition, variations in their treatment and the consequences of lack of comprehensive treatment, the causes and consequences of certain dental conditions and prevention. The results of our surveys and diagnostic tests revealed the need for modern and objectively motivated approach to diagnosis and informing patients about their condition, which leads to a better understanding of the cause-and-effect relationships and the desire for full rehabilitation.
In turn, this not only improves dental health at the end of treatment, but also helps to maintain it for a long time, which in turn improves the social and economic life of the patient.
2. Labunec VA. Osnovy nauchnogo planirovanija і organizacii ortopedicheskoj stomatologicheskoj pomoshhi na sovremennom jetape razvitija. Odessa: Institut stomatologii AMN Ukrainy. 2006; 428. (Russian).
3. Labunec VA. Potrebnost’ v nesemnyh zubnyh protezah i obespechennost’ imi gorodskogo nase- lenija Ukrainy. Vіsnik stomatologії. 1999; 2:43-5. (Russian).
4. Labunec VA. Potrebnost’, obespechennost’ i nuzhdaemost’ vzroslogo gorodskogo naselenija Ukrainy v stomatologicheskoj ortopedicheskoj pomoshhi. Vіsnik stomatologії. 2000; 1: 48-49. (Russian).
5. Labunets VA. Potreba ta riven zabezpechenosti dorosloho miskoho naselennia Ukrainy v stomatolohichnii ortopedychnii dopomozi. Materialy I (VIII) zizdu Asotsiatsii stomatolohiv Ukrainy. 1999; 37-8. (Ukrainian).
6. Yarova SP, Novikova KV, Yarov YuIu. Stan hihiieny rotovoi porozhnyny ta strutura parodontolohichnoi patolohii u pidlitkiv 15-16 rokiv. Klinichna stomatolohiia. 2019; 3: 56-61. (Ukrainian).
7. Yarova S, Turchenenko S, Yarov Yu, Reva O. The use of the digital occlusiography in diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial pathology. East European Scientific Journal. 2021; 2(66);40-5.
8. Yarov YuYu., Turchenenko SO, Reva OP. Modern views on leading factors in the origin and develop- ment of generalized periodontitis. Vostochno-evropejskij nauchnyj zhurnal, 2021; 1(65); 52-62.
9. Yarova SP, Turchenenko SO, Tkachenko IM, Yarov YY. Analysis of the dynamics of functional occlusion indicators in the construction of occlusion surfaces of orthopedic structures. Wiadomosci Lekarskie. 2020; LXXIII;12; 2651–6.
10. Udod OA, Voronina HS, Rubailo VV. Retrospek- tyvnyi analiz deiakykh pokaznykiv stomatolohichnoi dopomohy naselenniu industrialnoho mista. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2018; 4: 1(146):318–21. (Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.