THE INFLUENCE OF ANTENATAL RISK FACTORS OF CARIES OF TEMPORARY TEETH IN CHILDREN WITH PATHOLOGY OF THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
The caries of temporary teeth is still one of the actual problems in the world and in Ukraine. According to the data of Bidenko N.V. prevalence of caries of temporary teeth in Ukraine ranges from 9.05% to 95.3% at the intensity from 0.6 to 3.0 per tooth. The high indexes of prevalence of caries induce scientists to develop and search for new measures and facilities of prevention. The prevention of caries of temporary teeth in children should begin long before the birth of the child, because the bookmark of temporary teeth takes place in the first half of antenatal period of development. On the resistance of temporary teeth to caries affect somatic diseases of the mother, use of medications, extreme influences, social factors, bad habits, unbalanced diet, vitamin deficiencies and other.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the risk factors of caries of temporary teeth in children of preschool age with pathology of the musculoskeletal system (MSS).
Material and methods. 357 children (boys – 183, girls – 174) at the age of 3-6 years, who visit preschools on the base of that there are specialized groups for children with disorders of the MSS. The questionnaire that included 11 questions (indicators) with a few variants of answers was developed for mothers. The mothers of examined children were asked to answer the following questions: “Have you had diagnosed concomitant pathology during the pregnancy?”; “Did you use vitamin-mineral complexes (VMC) during pregnancy?”; “How often did you drink milk and dairy products during pregnancy?”; “Did you know about the basics of the balanced diet in the period of pregnancy?” and others. 150 women participated in questioning. The obtained results were estimated by calculating of averages and by percent correlation of answers for the asked questions. The statistical processing of materials was conducted using the computer program Statistica 8.0.
Results of the research. It has been found that the prevalence of caries of temporary teeth in children with diseases of the MSS is, in middle, 87.40±1.76% at intensity of kp = 6.12±0.16 tooth. The health of child depends from the health of mother, including the dental health. The results of the questionnaire revealed that in 38.67% of women concomitant diseases were diagnosed during the pregnancy. The basics of a healthy nutrition during the pregnancy were known to 59.33% of questioned mothers; however, only 11.24% followed the diet. The analysis of material conditions has found out that 49.33% of families were with low level of wealth. More than 19.00% of mothers reported that they smoked before pregnancy, and men smoked in the presence of 63.33% of women. The results of the questionnaire have shown that 62.00% of women used vitamin-mineral complexes. At the same time, only 26.67% of them got VMC throughout the pregnancy, and 35.33% of women have been specified about short-term courses of the use of VMC. It was found also that only 24.67% of women throughout the pregnancy consumed dairy products every day.
Conclusions. The results of study revealed antenatal risk factors of caries of temporary teeth in children with pathology of the MSS. It has been established that decompensated caries is more often diagnosed among children who were born of mothers who throughout the pregnancy had physical diseases, didn’t use VMC and consumed not enough milk and dairy products during pregnancy. A significant percent of children has been revealed with a plural caries in families with low level of material wealth. Then, as intact teeth and compensated caries is more often meet in children who were born of mothers, who did not have somatic pathology, who consumed dairy products every day and additionally used VMC.
2. Терапевтическая стоматология детского возраста / [Хоменко Л.А., Чайковский Ю.Б., Савичук А.В. и др.]; под ред. Л.А. Хоменко. – К.: Книга плюс, 2007. – С. 7-29.
3. Дубецька І. С. Особливості клінічного перебігу та профілактики карієсу молочних зубів: автореф. дис. на здобуття наук. ступеня канд. мед. наук: спец. 14.01.22 “Стоматологія” / Дубецька І. С. – Львів, 2007. – 18 с.
4. Якубова І.І. Чинники ризику виникнення карієсу тимчасових зубів у період закладки та мінералізації / І.І. Якубова // Український стоматологічний альманах. – 2012. – №2,т.2. – С.81-85.
5. Колесніченко О.В. Клініка, лікування та профілактика карієсу зубів у дітей, народжених матерями, хворими на цукровий діабет: автореф. дис. на здобуття наук. ступеня канд. мед. наук: спец. 14.01.22 «Стоматологія» / О.В. Колесніченко. – Львів, 2006. – 15 с.
6. Солонько Г.М. Особливості карієсу зубів та його профілактика в залежності від антенатального періоду: автореф. дис. на здобуття наук. ступеня канд. мед. наук: спец. 14.01.22 «Стоматологія» / Г.М. Солонько. – Львів, 1990. – 19 с.
7. Смоляр Н.І. Чинники ризику виникнення карієсу молочних зубів у період закладки та мінералізації / Н.І. Смоляр, І.С. Дубецька-Грабоус // Профілактична та дитяча стоматологія. – 2009. – №1(1). – С.12-17.
8. Каськова Л.Ф. Вплив антенатальних та постнатальних факторів ризику на показники карієсу тимчасових зубів / Л.Ф.Каськова, А.В.Шепеля // Український стоматологічний альманах. – 2009. – №5. – С. 42-46.